March brings renewal and warmth to the outdoors, but also inspiration for the indoors. We all feel the need to clean up after months of hibernation and breathe life into the space we call home, but sometimes we don’t know where to start. We caught up with Featured Designer Amy Weinstein, of AMW Design Studio, and asked her to share some techniques for taking a space from winter blues to springtime fresh.
1.“Replace heavy drapes and window treatments with light and airy ones. Allow the natural light to stream in, and try a more minimal approach to privacy and sun control. Many window treatments today are woven, meshy, and have a lighter feel.”
2. “Accessorize with white! Whether you choose glossy, matte, or distressed, white is always fresh and always in vogue. White works with every color scheme and will add an updated modern punch to any interior scheme.”
3. “Wallpaper a small space…powder room, foyer, etc. Wallpaper also looks great on the back of open shelves as an accent feature. This is a quick and easy way to add a new vibe to an old, tired space.”
4. “Incorporate more gloss and more shine for a bit of sparkle.”
5. “Pick a room and redecorate with a bold color that you secretly have always loved, but never had the courage to use.”
6. “Toss out interior plants that are barely alive and treat yourself to some potted flowering bulbs or orchids…place them with intention and enjoy their fresh energy.”
7. “Install a new, modern chandelier somewhere…anywhere in your home.”
Using any of these seven tips is a great way to make the indoors feel like the outdoors: bright, rejuvenated, and refreshed!